This page has several major sections. Please click on one of the following links to jump to a section that is located further down the page:
- Jurisdiction of Mayor’s Court
- Schedule for Mayor’s Court
- Clerk of Mayor’s Court
- Mayor’s Court Payments
- Courtroom Etiquette and Rules
Jurisdiction of Mayor’s Court
As provided in Chapter 33 of the Lithopolis Code of Ordinances, and subject to the limitations as specified in that Chapter, the Mayor’s Court has jurisdiction over the following types of matters:
- Violations of ordinances of the Village of Lithopolis.
- Violations of traffic and parking regulations within the Village.
- Criminal cases involving any moving traffic violation occurring on a local, county or state highway located within the boundaries of the Village of Lithopolis.
- Violations relating to operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (Operating a Vehicle Impaired – OVI) within the Village.
Schedule for Mayor’s Court
- Time: 5:30 p.m. Court functions are processed on a “first-come, first-served” basis. (Doors will be opened at 5:00 p.m.)
- Dates: 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month. Click on the following link to see the 2017 Mayor’s Court Schedule.
- Village of Lithopolis Administrative Building
- 11820 Lithopolis Road
- Lithopolis, OH 43136
- Magistrate: Lawrence G. Stephens, Jr.
- Prosecutor: Michael K. Fultz
- Please note: The Magistrate and Prosecutor are only at the Administrative Building during scheduled court dates.
Clerk of Mayor’s Court
The Clerk for the Lithopolis Mayor’s Court is Gehni Wilson. She provides all administrative functions for the Court.
Contact Ms. Wilson regarding any Court matters:
- Phone: (614) 837-2031
- Email the Clerk of Mayor’s Court
Questions regarding citations or other information that pertains to a case will only be addressed with the defendant or representing attorney. Regular business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Mayor’s Court Payments
Waiverable tickets can be paid on-line through the payment link provided below. Payments can also be made at the Administrative building during regular business hours, sent by mail, or deposited in the after-hours dropbox located outside the Village offices. The Village accepts checks or money orders. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED AS A FORM OF PAYMENT.
If fines are not paid before the court date listed on your ticket, you must appear in court on that date. Failure to appear may result in additional fines and forfeiture of your driver’s license.
Non-waiverable tickets require a mandatory court appearance.
Click here to make your Mayor’s Court Payment.
This is for payments that are made prior to appearing in Mayor’s Court. If you are making a payment after appearing in Mayor’s Court, please use the Utility Bill Payment portal in the right sidebar on the home page of this website.
Courtroom Etiquette and Rules
- With the exception of on-duty Law Enforcement and Probation Officers, NO weapons of any kind are to be brought into or near the court.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on Village property.
- Pagers, cell phones or other electronic devices must be turned off before entering the Courtroom.
- No food, drinks or muddy/soiled shoes are permitted in the building.
- To assist you in making a good presentation in court, the following is proper court dress:
- Remove hats, hoods, and sunglasses upon entering the building for security reasons.
- No pajama pants or clothing that looks like pajamas.
- No muscle shirts, tank tops, tube tops or spaghetti strap tops.
- No shorts.
- No short skirts or other revealing clothing. Undergarments must be covered.
- Do not wear clothing with profane, obscene or suggestive writing on the clothing.
- Children are not permitted in the courtroom at any time.